Thursday, October 15, 2009

Panasonic TC-P50G15 Excellent HDTV, replaces the TC-P50G10

I'm ashamed to admit, then I never even inspected this TV in person before buying it. All the reviews were so good, I felt confident buying it. However, I was first going to purchase the Panasonic VIERA G10 Series TC-P50G10 50-Inch 1080p Plasma HDTV, as the price difference wasn't clear as to what was different. Fortunately, I waited a few extra days, and most resellers starting going out of stock on the G10, so I moved to the G15. And the G15 is actually cheaper now than the G10, which I've heard is discontinued.

The G15 is about 2" thinner, and supposedly has an extra anti-glare coating. I'm amazed at how little glare there is for a plasma, and the ability to view it at extreme angles. I'm even contemplating not buying the full-motion mount, because I may not even need it.

The menu's are easy to use and understand, nice big fonts. Only gripe, of which I'm hoping to find a solution, is that when watching 4:3 shows, the TV fills the sides with grey background color, instead of black.

No comments:

Post a Comment